THE ESSENTIAL RESOURCE FOR SELLING YOUR BOOK
If you want to publish a book, you must present it to agents and publishers with a knock-your-socks-off proposal. Whether you’re seeking a traditional press to publish your self-published book or trying to win over an agent for your graphic novel, memoir, or nonfiction title, you need an irresistible proposal. The better your proposal, the better the editor, publisher, and deal you will get.
Nailing your proposal requires an understanding of how publishers work and how to brand yourself, build a platform, and structure your book. You’ll learn it all in this breezy top-to-bottom revision of the classic 100,000-copy best-seller. Inside How to Write a Book Proposal 5th Edition, you will find:
- Examples of successful proposals that earned six-figure deals
- Guidance from agents, publishers, and writers
- Ways to customize your proposal
- Strategies for proposals in the Digital Age
- Effective structures for narrative writers
- A list of the “Top Ten Proposal Killers”
This sassy, thorough guide from industry professionals Jody Rein and Michael Larsen will become your go-to for advice about publishing.